Rain Gutter Choices
The three BEST gutter choices are Aluminum, Copper and Galvanized Steel. They are all great rain gutter choices. But which one is best for you depends on your expectations, budget, and the style of house it’s going on.
- Aluminum is by far the most popular metal for gutters because of its low cost, durability, and general good looks. It doesn’t rust and has a long life expectancy of about 30-40 years. It’s available in 31 colors so we can match just about any color on your house. Or you can paint it to match more perfectly if you want to.
- Copper is a high quality metal with a unique style. It’s low maintenance and does not rust. However it does develop a patina over time so it’s well suited for coastal environments. When properly cared for, copper gutters can last for nearly 100 years.
- Galvanized steel gutters are stronger than aluminum and copper. Steel is a popular option for commercial buildings because of their appearance and they last for about 30 years.
All these metals can be formed into three different styles of gutter.
- K-Style rain gutters are very popular and are found on nearly 80% of homes because of their crown molding appearance.
- Straight face gutters are flat and straight on the front side. They look best on sleek modern homes with straight lines. Straight face rain gutters have a larger inside volume and can hold up to 66% more water than a conventional K Style gutter. So that makes them great for large roofs and areas of heavy rainfall where a greater capacity is needed.
- Half-round gutters look like a pipe that is cut it in half lengthwise. These gutters are a popular choice for homes built in the early to mid-20th century because they seem to match period decor. By the way, half round is the primary choice for copper rain gutters.
Free Price Quote
If you’re in southern California, and you want to know more about which gutters are best for you and the style of your home or commercial building, then please call us. We’re happy to help you in any way we can. You have questions? We have answers! And free quotes too!
Call Greg Martin at AAA Pro 1 Rain Gutters, 760-445-8762.
Location: San Marcos, CA. 92069
See our gallery for samples of our work.